The Seminar: What you will Learn
Dr. Jesus Manzanares, physician, surgeon, researcher, pioneer and author, is honored to share his Science-Based Reflexology Method with you!
He offers the following comprehensive modules for you to learn about the science behind his method: which includes specific foot mapping; experiencing (feeling,) and applying his techniques; and finally, you will have the opportunity to continue your studies with him and earn your Proficiency Level Certification.
Dr. Manzanares says, "you must keep in mind: The functioning of the human body is global and not by separate systems, therefore, although the training material is separated by systems, in all of them, references will be made to other systems that may be involved in the pathology of the clinical case."
1. FUNDAMENTAL MODULE (1 day). Study of the results of Dr. Manzanares' research to explain the neurophysiological bases of foot reflexology. Study and practice of the different points and reference lines in the foot (key points and landmarks) to be able to accurately locate the reflex zones. Introduction to the characteristics of the different types of deposits (size, consistency and shape). Approach to the reflexology patient: report, Theoretical foot ©, PRL ©, Real foot © and treatment planning. Evaluation and stimulation with the Press and slide technique ©. Study of the 100 pathologies that most frequently go to the consultation for a reflexology treatment.
2. MODULE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (3 days). Reflex areas: cerebrum hemispheres, brain-stem (Mid-brain, Pons, medulla oblongata), cerebellum spinal cord, and Cranial Nerves (dysfunction in smell, vision, eye movement, trigeminal nerve, facial expression, hearing and balance, oral sensation, taste and salivation, and tongue movement), Emotional balance, assessment and treatment, both from the point of view of the current moment and in terms of the "genetic tendency." Analysis of thalamus, hypothalamus, pituitary, cerebral white substance, Basal ganglia, hippocampus, ventricles, pineal gland, optic chiasma, and corpus callosum. Endogenous and exogenous depression, anxiety, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease…
3. MODULE VEGETATIVE NERVOUS SYSTEM (3 days). Analysis and treatment of the sympathetic and parasympathetic system related to: irritable bowel syndrome, overactive bladder, digestive dysfunctions, palpitations, dyspnea, or facial alterations such as: seborrhea, eczema, alopecia areata, nervous tics, palpebral ptosis (drooping eyelid) ...
4. MODULE IMMUNE SYSTEM (3 days). Assessment and treatment of the immune system. Distinguish between immune system with allergic, autoimmune and "normal" tendencies taking into account the interferences that vaccinations, stress and electromagnetic fields suppose in this system. Included in this section will explain the most frequent decompensations in the following type of decompensation: thyroid, pancreas, intestine and respiratory system.
5. MODULE OSTEO-ARTICULAR AND CHRONIC PAIN (3 days). Study and location of joints, muscular and tendon structures. Specific study of chronic pain (wind up phenomenon and neuroplasticity mechanism), and how to approach it from the point of view of foot reflexology.
6. MODULE CARDIO-VASCULAR SYSTEM (3 days). Assessment and treatment of heart, aorta and lymphatic system. Primary and secondary arterial hypertension, arrhythmias, aneurysms, and hypertensive retinopathy. Study of symmetric reflexes in relation to venous insufficiencies (deep vein thrombosis), intermittent claudication (arterial obstruction), neuropathies and polyneuropathies.
7. MODULE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM (3 days). Nose (allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps, tubaritis, vasomotor rhinitis), lung (COPD, emphysema, asthma, bronchiectasis, pharyngitis (inflammatory or infectious), larynx (inflammatory or / and infectious laryngitis), vocal cords (aphonia) and trachea (tracheitis) and tracheomalacia), sinuses (chronic sinusitis, sinus polyps).
8. MODULE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM (3 days). Mouth and tongue (canker sores, geographic tongue, papillary atrophy, ...), esophagus (esophagitis, hiatal hernia, Barrett's esophagus), stomach (hiatal hernia, polyps, gastritis, ulcers, mucosal atrophy, Helicobacter Pylori positive), heart, pylorus, large and small intestine (inflammatory diseases, food intolerances, dysbacteriosis, intestinal adhesions, paralytic ileus, ...)
9. MODULE UROGENITAL AND REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM (3 days). Mammary glands (mastitis, fibroadenomas), uterus (myomas, endometriosis), ovaries (cysts), prostate (obstructive uropathy benign prostatic hypertrophy, elevated PSA, chronic prostatitis), testicles, urinary bladder and kidneys (cysts, stones, pyelonephritis, inflammatory nephritis , nephrotic syndrome,…)
10. MODULE ORGANS OF THE SENSES, ENDOCRINE AND SKIN (3 days). Eye (retinopathies, maculopathies, glaucoma, corneal lesions, cataracts), ears (vestibular lesions, inner ear, cochlear lesions, inner ear, otosclerosis, chronic otitis), pituitary (anosmia), pituitary gland (adenomas), thyroid (hyper and hypothyroidism, tumors, parathyroid (adenomas, relationship with osteoporosis), and adrenal (adenomas) Skin: psoriasis, Molluscum contagiosum, eczema, dermatitis ...
Jesus Manzanares, MD, is an approved provider
of Continuing Education units for ARCB,
(American Reflexology Certification Board)
as well as for NCBTMB,
(National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.)